Lemon is a type of citrus that is native to Asia. Lemon is a hybrid of sour orange and a citron. Lemons grow on trees in warm environments, such as California and Florida.
- Lemon is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant known to help with the immune system.
- Vitamin C has known to help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Lemon can help improve digestion.
How to Store
- Store unwashed lemon at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- Store unwashed lemon in the fridge for up to six weeks.
- Juice from the lemon can be frozen and used for later.
How to Prepare
- Add a slice to your water. Adding lemon juice to water helps provide electrolytes, which is important for staying hydrated.
- Add lemon zest to your baking
- Make lemonade
- Christopher Columbus introduce lemons to America in 1493.
- Another name for lemon is Citrus Limon.
- Due to its high acidity, lemon can be a great natural cleaner.